DivX, now XviD, which I may generalize it to DivX, since they both share many common features and both came from the same open-source code. The aim of this guide is to give you step-by-step and precise instructions on how to convert your DVD to DivX / XviD with ease using free converter.
Aviosoft Video Converter is an easy-to-use DVD DivX Converter to convert DVD files to DivX. With all popular codec built in, it can convert DVD movies to all popular video/audio formats like AVI, MP4, MPG, WAV, MKV etc. with super fast speed and high quality. Free trial version is available on clonedvd.
Aviosoft Video Converter also presets many parameters for your portable player. You can easily convert DVD to your Apple iPad, iPod, iPhone, Sony PSP, BlackBerry, HTC, Nokia, and Archos by just one click. With this video converter, you can enjoy your DVD movies on your PCs and portable devices at anytime and anywhere without DVD discs. And here comes the steps of converting DVD to DivX / XviD.
1. Install and run the converter on Windows operation system computer (Windows based software). It has a clear and user friendly interface.
2. Insert your DVD into the drive; the converter will automatically load the disc.
3. Choose XviD in “Common Video” as output video format.
4. Specify an output folder in computer hard disk to save the video.
5. Adjust the setting like video size, frame rate, bit rate, audio sample rate, channel, and bit rate as you like; edit the video (crop, clip, merge, add watermark and subtitle). (optional)
6. Start the conversion.
There are many programs you can use to convert DVDs to DivX/XviD, each with its own advantages and shortcomings, some for beginners, and some for more advanced users. This guide aims to give you instructions with the most common method.
DivX is the name of a popular new video compression technology developed by DivX, Inc. It becomes popular due to its ability to compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality.