1. Something on VOB
VOB, also named Video Object, is used as a container format in DVD-Video media. A VOB file makes video, audio, subtitle, menu and navigation contents multiplexed together into a stream form.
As we know, besides VOB files, there are other DVD files included in DVD video, such as IFO and BUP files, among which, IFO (Info) files contain all the information a DVD player needs to know about a DVD, therefore the user can navigate and play all DVD content properly, and BUP (Backup) files are an exact copy and backup of IFO files in case of corruption. If there are no IFO or BUP files, it does not allow DVD menu navigation. And Images, video and audio used in DVD menus are stored in VOB files.
2. How to Rip VOB files to MP4 videos?
As is mentioned above, VOB files always come with IFO files and BUP files in DVD videos, and VOB files cannot stand alone. So how do I convert them into MP4 format for my iPod? I just want to put some DVDs to my iPod Touch.
Well, below we will show how to convert VOB to MP4 by using Aviosoft iPod Video Converter.
Essential thing we need:
Aviosoft iPod Video Converter- support all popular video formats as input
Free Download: (http://www.clonedvd.net/iPod-video-converter/)
VOB to MP4 Guide:
1. Free download Aviosoft DVD to iPod Converter and follow its installer to install it on your computer
2. Run the program, click“Add” button to add VOB files, they are usually in video_ts folder.
You can select several VOB files to convert in batch.
3. Click “Profile” and select iPod Touch as output MP4 format.
4. Press “Start” button to start to convert VOB to MP4.
You May Also Like: