What is Blu Ray Disc?
Blu-ray Disc (BD), sometimes called “Blu-ray,” is an optical disc storage medium designed
to supersede the standard DVD format. Its main uses are for storing high-definition video,
PlayStation 3 video games, and other data, with up to 25 GB per single layered, and 50 GB
per dual layered disc. The disc has the same physical dimensions as standard DVDs and CDs.
Why called Blu Ray Disc?
The name Blu-ray Disc derives from the blue-violet laser used to read the disc. While a
standard DVD uses a 650 nanometer red laser, Blu-ray uses a shorter wavelength, a 405 nm
blue-violet laser, and allows for almost six times more data storage than a DVD.
Features of Blu Ray Disc
The Bluray disk format has advantage over other DVD formats because of its higher capacity
to store data. It can store up to 50GB and development is being done to increase its
storage capacity to 200GB. Blu-ray discs not only have more storage capacity than
traditional DVDs, but they also offer a new level of interactivity. Users will be able to
connect to the Internet and instantly download subtitles and other interactive movie
features. With Blu-ray, you can:
* record high-definition television (HDTV) without any quality loss
* instantly skip to any spot on the disc
* record one program while watching another on the disc
* create playlists
* edit or reorder programs recorded on the disc
* automatically search for an empty space on the disc to avoid recording over a program
* access the Web to download subtitles and other extra features
CloneDVD is ready for Blu-ray!
Blu Ray disc has became the mainstreamed disc a little more everyday. DVD X Studios is trying its best to keep up with the pace of Blu Ray disc. It is believed that CloneBluRay is comming!